FinnHarvest aims to ensure a safe environment for all employees as well as care for their health and help them cope at work. We have drawn up risk mapping of occupational safety and health. All of our employees have been trained for and hold an occupational safety and first aid card.
The objective of FinnHarvest is to have zero accidents. All of us have the right to return home, unharmed, and healthy.
Please ensure occupational safety while visiting a logging site or workshop hall!
A logging site is always dangerous, and it is marked with safety signs. Please announce your arrival to the site by calling the logging machine number. If you cannot reach the operator, please call the supervisor of FinnHarvest.
When arriving at the site, please remember the following instructions:
- Park your car in a way that does not disrupt worksite traffic. Forestry machinery and lumber cars must be ensured unobstructed passage to the worksite.
- Use safety clothing and helmet; it is an essential part of your safety!
- Announce your arrival to the machine. You can find the phone number from the warning sign.
- Approach the machine from the back and remain outside of the safety distances until the operator has noticed you and stopped the machine. Then you can approach the machine safely.
- Climbing on top of the piles is strictly prohibited! Risk of collapse.